DDT - Noun - dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane - an insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans; banned in the United States since 1972. Banned in Australia since 1987. DDT also stands for:
Dinosaur Dog Trainer
Also toxic to animals and humans!
How to identify a DDT? They:
- Talk a lot about “Dominance”
- and reckon your dog is “Dominant”
- Want you to be a “Pack Leader” & more “Dominant”
- Waffle on about “being Alpha” – the “Dominant Pack Leader”
- Use all 4 quadrants, or don’t know what they are.
- “Alpha Roll” dogs on their backs to assert “dominance”
- Use “All Training Methods” - which means they aren’t actually good at any
- Tote water spray bottles to stop dogs doing stuff
- Physically force dogs to sit and drop
- Might use chain, prong or electric shock collars
- Throw chains or coins to stop dog barking or being scared
- Think training with food or clickers is crap.
- Might use food or a clicker – badly.
- Use “methods” that could not be used to train other animals, ie dolphins, whales, seals or chickens!
- Think Premack is a burger before you have a burger.
Symptoms of DDT in dogs:
- Dog is scared of people
- Dog is scared of water and water sprays
- Dog is scared of chains and noise
- Dog may roll on back & urinate in fear
- Dog tries to avoid human touch
- Dog wishes like hell he had a smarter owner!
- Dog might obey – unhappily!
BEWARE: Dinosaurs are sneaky, they might throw in words like positive or drop a few Association names like APDT or Delta to make themselves look professional & qualified.
If they think Premack is the burger you have before the burger, walk away!