- Paw Behaviour® Dog Training classes use Positive Reinforcement methods only. Choke chains, chain leads, shouting, forcing or frightening dogs, water sprays, cans of stones are not permitted in class. Students using aversive methods or devices may be asked to leave the class.
If you are uncertain if Positive Reinforcement Training is for you, you are welcome to watch a class prior to booking. Visitors are always welcome!
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- If you cannot attend or wish to change course date, we must receive written notification five full working days prior to course commencement. All Refund Requests will incur a $50 administration fee.
- For Private Lessons & House Calls 48 hours notice must be given.
- IMPORTANT: Strictly no refunds or transfers will be granted if notice is received after this time.
- Refunds will not be provided once a course has commenced.
- Please note courses with low enrolments may be cancelled or deferred. Should this occur, we will contact you 2 days prior to course commencement and a transfer or full refund will be offered.
- Extreme events - In times of extreme events or if class closure is directed by Government authorities, credits will be provided for postponed classes. All payments made will be held in credit for future classes OR can be used as credit towards private classes, by arrangement where additional fees may apply.
- Third party fees, ie Bank & PayPal fees for payments made are not refundable.
- Classes are not transferable after commencement of the course.
- If you can’t make it to class – please let us know, so that class notes can be emailed to you. Make-up classes are not available, however you may watch a similar class if one is available, without your dog
Your Dog Your Responsibility
- You are responsible for the actions of your dog whilst in class. Please ensure:
- Your dog is secure on equipment recommended by the instructor. This may include head halters, fitted collars, harnesses or double leads. We are happy to provide professional advice and fit equipment free of charge.
- You do not allow your dog to lunge at, annoy, or overwhelm other dogs in the class. This may cause confrontation and result in arousal and aggression.
- Dogs are to be kept on lead at all times, unless instructed otherwise by the trainer.
- Please read the Dogs in Need of Space Poster!
- Group classes are not appropriate for dogs that have exhibited aggression to people or other dogs. Please consider private lessons.
- If, for any reason, your dog behaves aggressively or displays behaviour disruptive or inappropriate to the class, we may remove your dog from the group class. The balance of fees may be used toward private lessons to assist with behavioural modification.
Class safety is a priority and we would appreciate your compliance so that everyone benefits from classes in a safe and constructive way.
Weather & Long Weekends/Public Holidays
- Classes may be postponed due to extreme weather conditions
- Classes are generally not run over long weekends, however please confirm with trainer
Sick Dogs/Bitches in Season
- Dogs attending classes must be clean, free of fleas, wormed and vaccinated.
- If you dog is ill, has kennel cough or injury, please call to discuss prior to attending class.
- Bitches in season – please discuss prior to attending class. It may not be appropriate for a bitch in season to attend.
Children in Class
Children make wonderful dog trainers and are encouraged to attend. Safety is a priority when working with dogs and children.
- All children under the age of 15 must be accompanied and supervised at all times by an adult.
- If you would like to bring children under 7 to class please arrange for another adult to accompany them and enjoy watching you train. All children under 7 MUST be accompanied by a second adult - NO EXCEPTIONS will be made.
- In the interests of safety, children are not to approach dogs in class, unless parent and owner of the dog give permission. Parents must take all responsibility for their children’s safety and ensure they are not disruptive to the class.
- Children under the age of 7 must not be left in charge of a pup on lead.
- Children are NOT permitted on any pieces of the equipment
- Please advise us of any special food requirements or food allergies your dog may have, prior to attending class.
- Foul language or aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- If you are experiencing difficulty or have any concerns regarding the training program or techniques, please discuss with the trainer immediately after class. We will do our best to assist you achieve your goals.
- All dogs and owners attend dog training classes at their own risk and take full responsibility for their actions.
- I hereby waive and release Paw Behaviour ® Dog Training, it's owners & employees from any and all liability of any nature, for injury or damage which I or my dog may suffer, including specifically, but not without limitation, any injury or damage resulting from the action of any dog.
- I expressly assume the responsibility of my own dog and the risk of any such damage or injury while attending any training session/other function of the school, or whilst on the grounds or surrounding area of Paw Behaviour ® Dog Training.
- I am aware that there may be health risks associated with attending a class prior to my dog being fully vaccinated.
- It is the responsibility of the owner to notify Paw Behaviour Dog Training staff of any dogs present at the facility with known incidents of aggression towards humans or animals.